2011年7月26日星期二

Michael Caine hates shoe laces

Sir Michael Caine avoids wearing shoes with laces as they 'screw him up'.

The 78-year-old British actor often looks dashing on the red carpet, although beady-eyed fans will have remarked that he is rarely seen in lace-up footwear.

Michael has explained the reason for his style choice, which dates back to his early career treading the boards.

“I never wear shoes with laces. When I was a young actor stage actor I was always very nervous. I used to throw up,” he told BBC Radio One.

“[One night] my shoe lace broke. It screwed me right up. I've never worn shoes with laces since.”

Michael is somewhat of a shoe fanatic, although confessed that despite owning numerous styles he “always wears the same pair”.

The veteran actor also took the time to reflect on some of his earlier movies. The star appeared in 1978 crime comedy Silver Bears, which also featured performances from the likes of Jay Leno and one of rocker David Bowie's security team. The picture tells the tale of a financial wizard who is sent to buy a bank in Switzerland for money laundering, and Michael has fond memories of it.

“There's a very famous talk show host Jay Leno, he was an actor then, he played my cohort,” smiled Michael. “My other cohort was a real sinister guy - David Bowie's bodyguard.”